Saturday, December 02, 2006

Whew!

The paper is done and handed in. My first graduate class is all done. One down 11 to go?

Thanksgiving "break" was nice, I had 6 days in a row that I did not have to go to work!

Thanksgiving was great! Spent the day with the in-laws, I think there were 19 people there. The Lancaster cousin's came out, t-bone and Lynn came down from Maine, THEY'RE HAVING A BABY! and Lynn looks great as usual!

My favorite thing about t-day was one of the guys brother was going to his in-laws and they were having tofu-turkey, not that there's anything wrong with that. Anyway, he keeps taking pictures of the turkey in the oven, and sending them to his brother.

Friday: the boys came over for a ride. We were going to go mtb but man was it going to be muddy. I convinced them to go for a "road" ride around the lake. It was cool, but it was a lot shorter than I remember. Afterwards we went to wawa for hoagies, they're from St Louis, so it was a bit of a new experience for them. Back at the house we played ps2, man they whooped up on me in Medal of Honor! I suck! That night everyone came of to our house, my mom brought Brunswick Stew. It was yummy. .. there wasn't any squirrel in ours... I think...

Sat. drove out to Carlisle for the state champs cross. The venue was great! They could have a MAJOR cross race out there. The race went as usual for me... great start then the fade to back begins. After most of the race I found I was gaining on a guy and almost got him but I think he finally saw me and turned it on a bit. Oh well. My family was there, aunt and uncle were driving back to NC down 81, my uncle had to pick up a bumper he bought on eBay in Hagerstown. My parents were driving the boys back to St Louis. So, Carlisle was on the way for everyone. I don't think my aunt and uncle, and the boys had ever seen a cross race. I hope they liked it. One notable thing about the race was, having that much family there, well, there was a lot of cheering for me... I ended up 28th out of 36 finishers.

Nice shot of my family after the race:


Love 'em! Thanks for cheering!

No comments: