Thursday, September 28, 2006

Strange things at 5:30 am

I had been getting up and riding at 5:30 am, three days a week. I had a nice streak going, probably 4 weeks in a row! Then, well, nothing for 3 weeks! Started back up this week and now it is still dark when I get home around 6:30. I did my road loop this morning and it really is a nice little loop. I think I was passed by 2 cars the whole ride! There were quite a few going the other way though.

Wed morning I rode my new cross bike (I'll post a picture once I finish it) to the local park for some cross practice. So, there I am cruising around a park, in the dark, in my "costume", with a headlight and a blinky taillight, I ride around one of the pavilions and "Holy crap!" there is some dude sitting at one of the tables... he scared the sh!t out of me! We exchange pleasantries, and off I go, thinking that is strange some dude sitting at a park bench at 5:30 in the morning. He was probably thinking the same thing about me, "Look at that freak in those funny clothes, with his headlight, blinky tailight, riding around in circles jumping on and off his bike?!?!?" A few minutes later a cop pulls into the park with his lights off and proceeds to the pavilion. Another few minutes of riding around in circles, jumping on and off my bike and the cop pulls away. More circles and jumping on and off and I see the dude walk off toward town. Strange huh? Now, what could they have possibly been up too?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DROOPY SLEPT LATE ... DAVID GETS UP EARLY