Saturday, November 18, 2006

What a waste of money...

Went to the Evo-Guys race today. From what I could tell the race was going to be run in some fields around some guys house and with all the rain we were in for a slog. I held out some hope that they could configure the course to at least make it a little interesting. Not really. Although, they did not have much to work with. I'd say 98% of the course was on grass. A lot of it was in hay fields that hadn't been mowed in a while. (I pulled foot long pieces of grass off of my bike.)

With all the rain, about 90% of the course was 3 inch deep mud. Now, I can handle mud, as long as there are some sections were you can carry momentum and some speed. The whole thing was about at running pace. I hate this kind of race and to me it is not modern cross, more like what I'd imagine cross was like in the 20's.

Oh maybe the fact that I have no fitness came into play? It was the absolute worst conditions for someone with my lack of fitness.

No, I'm not going back for more tomorrow. $58.40 down the drain! Damn! That is over a month's worth of my bike allowance!

Anyone want to meet me for a ride tomorrow?

No comments: