Friday, March 24, 2006

I got a new wheel!

I am the proud owner of a new rear mtb wheel! The other one was shot! The end of the summer last year I was hitting a loop in Allamuchy regularly and timing my "lap". Well, the lap end with this long rocky downhill and I new I had a good time going. So, I pushed it. WHAM! Pinch flat and dented the the heck out of the rim! Being a former bike mechanic with 10+ years experience in shops and a real cheap SOB, I "removed" the dent and actually got it pretty straight. The last ride I did on it the hub was making an awful racket... the hub is 10 years old? Time to break down and get a new wheel. What did I get? See, the comment above about me being a cheap sob, I got an LX hub on a 517. Nothing special but it will work.

I stopped by the shop in Byram to get some rim tape, and asked about the Running of the Dogs. They apparently no longer have anything to do with the race, but they said the two person teams are not for a relay but that the two teamates have to ride together. I guess that is cool? I'll have to see what Cheffery thinks about that. We may have to "race" eachother...

Later.

No comments: