Monday, August 14, 2006

Rough morning...

First morning back to work and boy it started off bad.

Woke up early with a severe case of "boo-boo belly". I was afraid to eat my normal breakfast sandwich and drink my coffee, in fear of having to stop sometime on my 1.5 hour commute. So, I had Pepto (check out the "Dance-Machine" lower left) for breakfast.

Couldn't find my wallet. Looked all over the house, both cars. Normally I'd drive in without it but I needed to stop for gas. I took Kris's card.

Needed gas in the car. Originally thought I could make it to Hellertown, but the light was already on. Figured I'd hit the local Sunoco. The frickin' pump would only let me put $1 in! I asked the lady in front of me if her pump worked. She said, "Yes, I'll be right back." So, I'm sitting there with a dollar's worth of gas waiting to get to this lady's pump while she goes in to get coffee. Finally she's out, pull up to the pump, guess what?!? Yep, one dollar's worth of gas! The pump got a good kick after that one! By this point I think everyone else's pumps were doing the same thing. If I was paying cash I think I would have driven off without paying my two dollars!

Get to Hellertown and my boo-boo belly is pretty much gone. So, while I'm pumping I run in and get a Peanut butter tastykake and a Powerball ticket, I figured my luck had to change...

No comments: