Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Friends and Family

If I had to describe the past few days with two word then "friends" and "family" would have to be it. Started the weekend off by heading down to Granogue Cross. This race is put on by a bunch of my friends from back when I was living in Delaware. I drove down with my Dad, he was ok with going as long as he was back home for the Rutgers game. I did the Masters B class, or the "old slow guys" class. I had a fun race, I was really flying through the fast technical stuff. My problem was and is anytime fitness was needed as opposed to skill I was a hurting pup. (Ended up 22 out of 40 something, I think.) After the race, Terry met up with us, I was going to swap his Marin (which used to be mine) for the Specialized I got at T-town. I figured it would fit him perfectly. I guess he is not as tall as I thought, it didn't fit. Oh well. It was cool to hang out with Terry for a while. He is now a lawyer! I never would have guessed back in the college days.

Got to see the whole DCC of D crew and my friend Marc:


thanks to velophotos.net for the picture.

Got to see Brent and Alice as I was leaving. One thing missing from cross was having Brent (Ty Domi of cross) racing, I was looking forward to lining up with him in the old man's class, but he jacked up his foot or ankle. I wouldn't consider it racing with him because he'd smoke me as usual! I think in all the years racing with Brent, I maybe beat him once, only once. (DNF's don't count)

After the race Dad and I drove up to Pete and Amy's. Spent the night at Amy and Pete's. It was almost like a mini-vacation. Thanks for the hospitality. I only had about a five minute drive to the race, so, I got to hang out for the morning. They came up to watch the race, Pete and Scott have never been to a cross race. Amy is a seasoned cross spectator. When she was living in Boston we would crash at her house and go to the Super Cups and Nationals at Fort Devens, yeah it was a while ago. I think they all had a good time, especially since there was free beer. Scott made the comment, "They're selling water for $2 but the beer is free!" NICE!

Monday night, was the first night in a long time I could get together with the Jersey boys. We ended up going to a bar down the street from Allamuchy, I think we may hit this place after a ride in Allamuchy? Clams and a huge NY strip later and I was ready to get home.

While I was sitting at the bar a get a call on my cellular from a strange number. Pick it up and it is Michel from France! "Dave, I am in town, when can we get together?"

So, Michel came over Tuesday night. It was great to see him!



All in all I had a pretty busy few days and got to spend time with a lot of good friends and family.

Life is good, although I'm a little pooped...

No comments: