Tuesday, October 31, 2006

It was cold this morning!

I got up to ride in the morning again, I was a little psyched about an earlier sunrise. Man, was it cold, and I'm sure it is only going to get colder. It has been quite some time since I actually rode/trained in the cold. Yeah, I think I'm getting old and soft.

I rode the road bike with the new 10 speed for the first time outside. It's nice. I ended up putting the wheels that came on the fuji cross bike on my road bike as "training wheels", complete with 25c tires. The bike felt like a total PIG! Oh well.

Did anyone read the "At the back" section of the latest Velonews? Man did that start the wheels spinning! (like that is hard to do for me)
Here's some highlights of the resulting thought process:
- I could do that, how much training do you need for a 10 minute hillclimb?
- an am and pm hillclimb
- held in between mtb/road season and cross season (September)
- short climb less than 10 minutes
- around tinicum park
- "picnic" in the park between races
- possibly on dirt roads
- open to any type of bike (fixed gear)
Who's in?

or could be done in Manyunk? more bars in manyunk, some sick climbs too ("koppenburg"?)

No comments: