Sunday, January 07, 2007

EAGLES WIN!

Didn't get to sit down and watch much of the game, but got to see the end.
Derek is in KC for his new job and was at chicago pub watching the game and checking the blog. He apparently shared the fridge photo withe the bartender, Joe. Joe said something like, "You got him beat! You have thirty beers to choose from, he only has 2!"

After loading Sophie up with wagon wheels I called the chicago pub in kansas city and asked for Joe the bartender. "Joe. I'd like to pay off my friend Derek's tab and buy him a drink." Joe replies, "He just settled up and left!". I reply "He is such a LOSER!!!"

So, I talk to Derek and he says, "I was sitting at the bar and someone tells Joe he has a call, and I tell him I'm going to leave anyway." DEREK!!! THAT WAS ME ON THE PHONE!!! YOU LOSER!!!! Oh wait a minute... the giants LOST!!!!! That's right!!!
E
A
G
L
E
S
EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm, Kris should be home any minute now...
Hope she doesn't see all the beer caps... shhhh....


By the Way, i think I figured out where all of Sophie's wagon wheels went:


It was a good game, the Eagles finally figured out some clock management.
Derek, sorry both of your temas lost! Kansas City Chiefs and the Giants! How did KU do? Wish we could have gotten together today. Can't wait to visit KC.
(for all you cyclocrossers, yep, I have a place to stay in KC for nationals next year)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that I passed up a chance to get my food and drinks paid for. I just felt like a drunk stitting at a bar all day alone!!! Boo Hoo!

I wish that I could pretend to be an Eagles fan the rest of the way but as a Giants fan it just is out of the question.

Thanks for the great thought though brother.

Derek aka Toby