Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Go carts and class

One of the benefits of working for municipal government is I get 13 holidays off. So, I had Monday, Martin Luther King Day off. I spent most of the day running around with the family, we went to the tile store (we're picking out tile for the foyer-downstairs bathroom), etc... After I got jacob to go down for his nap, I headed down to Henry's to pick up a few things and work on my wheels. I got my spinergy as true as I could then onto my tubulars. The rear freehub was all jacked up, ended up cramming it full of lube, we'll see how long that lasts. The most notable thing was that I was able to lift the tublar right off of the rim! The glue was not sticking! Apparently in the last crash-fest, I mean race, I had rolled the tubular and it had popped back on. Boy was I lucky I didn't race Nationals! It could have been ugly!

Went out to a mexican restaurant with Brent, Rick and Jen. I don't get to eat mexican very often anymore. It is a big change from the days working at the shop when we had mexican almost everyday for lunch! The "cart" had some pretty awesome tortas!

At dinner Brent says something about the go-carts in Wilmington. Yep, we ended up racing go carts for the rest of the evening. Those things are pretty fast, my back, shoulders, arms and hands are still sore! My best time was 23.111 and that was on the track when I couldn't get by "Vanilla Killa", she was wearing red high heels while racing. Yeah, I was pretty pissed I couldn't get by her. She even flipped me off at one point! Oh yeah, Brent flipped me off too! It wasn't like I took them into the wall or anything... rubbin's racin'...

Tuesday night had my Planning Law and Administration class. Everything I had heard about the class was that it was pretty easy with a lot of guest speakers. Turns out my class is being taught by a Penn professor, who has been teaching Planning law and Environmental Law for the past 30 years or so! Aren't I the lucky one! Tons of reading, a 25 page paper (due April 17, TAX TIME!), and a take home exam due May 8th (my anniversary)! So, at least I got that going for me!

And I wanted to take two classes this semester... yeah right!

Looks like I'm going to have to put my "spring racing" on hold...
See you all sometime in mid-May! (I hope it won't be that bad)

No comments: