Thursday, January 25, 2007

Postcards from Mom...

My mother can be a bit quirky sometimes. She likes to reuse stuff, like postcards...

I get a postcard from her the other day. She wants to know if I want a red or flame Le Creuset oval dutch oven (A Christmas present she was going to exchange for me, I can't wait to make some carnitas in it). She put two spaces on the card where I could check which one I wanted. I understand her sending the card, I'm kind of busy and all I would have to do is check the box and send it back, very considerate of her, but she called me to tell me she sent the postcard and asked me which one I wanted over the phone anyway! I don't know where she got this card but it was a gift card she found somewhere for a subscription to Natty G. Now I'd hate to waste a perfectly good postcard that has already been written on. Especially since it already had the postage paid. So, I decided to write mom a little note... on every available space of the postcard and as small as I can write. I gotta get my money's worth out of that postage stamp! Kristen sees me hunched over this card and shakes her head wondering what the heck I'm up to. I proudly show her how much writing I have managed to fit on the empty spaces of the card. Kris shakes her head again, "You think she'll be able to read that?" Hmm, hadn't thought about anyone actually reading it...

... A few days later I get a call from my mom and she can hardly talk, she is laughing so hard, she manages to tell me she has been laughing for the last half-hour reading my card! She liked it! and I guess she could read it, most of it anyway...

Although, I'm still waiting for my Natty G subscription ;-)

No comments: