Monday, May 14, 2007

Yankee or Dixie

My cousin April (62% Dixie)sent me a link to this Yankee or Dixie quiz. Usually I don't check out the "fwd:fwd:fwd:" things, but this one peeked my interest. Being of a mid-western mother and a yankee father and having relatives in Dixie as well as living in dixie for a spell. I found this quiz quite interesting, add to the blood relations, my time spent in Delaware, where does Delaware fit anyway, Yankee or Dixie? I think the canal might have some being on the answer. I was curious to see my results (53% Yankee). Thanks April.

GIS Geek stuff to follow:
I could create a map with overlays based on the terminology and region, it would be a fun project but, I don't have time for it...

Looks like I might "race" this weekend at Granogue. Boy is it going to hurt, I am really, really, really out of shape... unless "round" is a shape?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was 61% Dixie. I'm sure it was roly poly bugs that did it!

MOM

Anonymous said...

I came out about 54% Dixie or was it 54% Yankee, I forgot. If I got into the Yankee column, Im sure it was Mischief night, but it was cabbage night when I lived in Bergen County NJ. The night before that was also called "chalk night" where you could chalk up buildings or fill a sock with powdered chalk and hit people with it (Ouch!)

DAD

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

course looks good, be great to see you...

Derek Seitz said...

I just gave the test to my Dixie transplant wife and she scored..62% (Dixie). A definitive Southern score!