Wednesday, May 30, 2007

La Bala Blanca

In the last post I said I'd post some photos of Granogue. Instead, I'll post some links.
Here's some video of the race on Bill's mountainbikeracer.com (I'm the last rider in the video and yes, a lot of the people started behind me.)
As I was looking through some of mlkimages I noticed this one with J.Brown just behind me and it got me thinking...

Since my new mtb an Orbea is made in Spain I thought of one of my college roommates, Juan Portilla. He was/is from Madrid. I have not heard from him since he sent me an email after 9-11 telling me how all of Spain was sympathetic and he told me of the moment of silence the entire country had a few days after. Can you imagine an entire busy city just stopping and having a moment of silence? I digress, Juan had this car, a brown Volkswagen Rabbit, and he called it "The Brown Bullet". It was far from a bullet... One time he got the car stuck on our chainlink fence, frickin' hilarious. He needed me to get it off of the fence. Very funny! Until a couple of days later I got my car stuck on the same part of the fence, DOH! Digressing again... After Juan went back to Spain he sold the car to... yep J.Brown. I'm taking the photo as a sign to name my new Spanish mtb "La Bala Blanca" Now, I just need to get some decent labels for my label maker...

No comments: