Sunday, May 06, 2007

Finished...

...with school for the summer! Handed my take home final in last Tuesday. What a relief! Now I'll have more time to actually ride! YEAH!

I went for a ride at High Rocks, Tuesday afternoon. Boy did it feel good to be out on the new mountain bike!

So, Tuesday night I thought I might go celebrate with a classmate that lives around here. Maybe we'd go out for some beer and wings. Instead, Kris, Jeb, Sophie, and I went to... PIZZA HUT!!! and you'll never guess who was there, (besides all the screaming kiddies)... SPIDERMAN was there! Yeah, he was kind of fat and out of shape, and he was wearing some cheesy USA jacket. I think to hide his belly, but the kids got a kick out of it, and that's what matters. We went there early enough that I could possibly go out after. I got home put the kids to bed... me too, asleep by 10:00... LAME-O!

Saturday was the T-town swap meet. I loaded up a bunch of the bike crap I have laying around. I ended up doing pretty well, I still have that set of ten-speed wheels... anyone? Derek, I sold that kyak paddle for $20! Since I had a pocket full of cash my "wheels" started spinning... what kind of bike should I get, a commuter for lunchtime in Sparta? A pit bike? Trick wheels for my cross bike? Trick wheels for my mountain bike? Oh the possibilities!

After some discussion with Kris... looks like a new helmet for Jeb, a hitch rack for her jeep, and a trailer to take the kids on rides. Yep, married with children.

In other news, I finished a pretty cool project at work. I installed aerial photos of Sparta on a wall in the new town hall. I think the overall dimensions were 98"x110". I even got mentioned in the county newspaper. I'll try and post a photo of it soon.

Got out on the road bike this afternoon after cleaning out the garage. I did the loop I used to do in the mornings before work. I quickly discovered that I am really, really, really out of shape! I am sore from an hour ride! I didn't even push it. Except when I hammered it by the kid on his schwinn varsity. I could not let him get my wheel!

No comments: