Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fugawee Indians

Sunday my parents came over to help with the kids and I got to sneak out for a ride. I decided I'd do my two hour loop. I figured it wouldn't hurt too bad and I could still function the rest of the day. Two hour ride? two small bottles should cover it, I'll bring this FRS chew just in case, thinking ahead right? 9:30 and I'm out the door.

The first hour or so was going great, I did miss a turn and had to go back to get back on track at one point. Next thing I know, well I didn't really know, I was on roads I have never been on, Buckwampum Road? Hmm? Keep on going... detour? road closed ahead? Aw, I'm on a bike I can make it. At this point, I'm hurting and figure unless the road is closed due to a major washout I'm crossing, even if I have to repel and swim across the thing. The entire road was gone, they were doing some sort of water main crossing or something. I crossed on a 3 foot wide precipice of rip-rap about twenty feet down on either side in road shoes! Finally, back en route and I was reminded of the Fugawee Indians. They were know for their navigational skills and often heard saying, "Where the fug-aw-wee?" Yep I was lost.

I got to the end of the road at a T-junction and I had no idea which way to go. I went left. Huh? water up ahead? Gee, I hope it is Lake Nockamixon. WHAT!?!?!? The Delaware River!?!? OH CRAP! I'm almost out of water! Oh man, I'm up near Rieglesville? Yikes! 212 all the way home! After an hour of rationing water and seriously thinking of stopping somewhere to beg for a Coke... at that point a nice cold Coke wold have been the best thing in the world! I made it home.

I inhaled, a Coke, granola bar, bowl of cereal, two bottles of water, took a shower and crashed for two hours! So much for being able to get anything accomplished.

After I recuperated I made Paella and sangria for father's day dinner... Yummy!

Happy Father's Day to all you fellow fathers!

No comments: