Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Last minute ride

7:30 last night Jeb and I are sitting on the couch reading books and Kris comes down after putting Sophie to bed.

She says, "Why don't you go for a ride?"

Dumbfounded I say, "huh? Now? It is 7:30."

Reassuringly, "You'll make it back before dark."

"Jeb, can mommy finish Reading your books and put you to bed, so, daddy can go for a ride?" I ask.

Jeb says, "The sun is going down, you need to bring your lights."

"OK Jeb, I'll bring my tail-light the headlight needs to be charged." with that I'm off.

I made it out the door in record time! Cruising through town some ruffians say "Go Lance!" It took me a good ten minutes down the road to come up with this witty response, "Thanks, but my name's Dave." zing!

I'm cruising along, feeling great, legs are churning, flying...

until WHAM! BUG IN THE EYE!!!

Kinda like Mater in this Cars trailer (Link to you tube)

I couldn't see a thing. In twenty years of riding I've never had a bug hit my eye like that one. I could barely keep my other eye open. I had to pull off to the shoulder and get the thing out of my eye. After a few minutes I finally get it out and look up.



Yeah a bunch of llamas staring at me. They seemed concerned.

"I'm OK now, I just had a bug in my eye."


"Thanks for your concern, but I think I'm ok."


"Yeah, that little bug really got me good."


"Alright, I'll see you guys later. Thanks again."



My eye has been pretty oozy all day... I may actually have it looked at...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess Jeb should have said, "sun is going down, you need to bring your lights and windshield".