Monday, October 15, 2007

Cross Preparation Part 4?

OK, it has been a little while since the last entry. A lot seems to have been going on, but not much riding. Kris had a light workload two weekends ago. So, she was able to get home pretty early. Instead of riding, we went to Nockamixon for a picnic and some disc golf. Jacob seemed to enjoy it, more of the running around in the woods, than throwing the discs. Even Sophie got into it by throwing, ok, dropping, the disc into the baskets and cheering afterwards. She liked it so much she'd get all pissed when we had to go to the next hole. Needless to say.. no riding two weekends ago.

Last week I actually got up and rode the trainer Tues and Wed. On my drive to work Wed, about half way there I'm sitting at a stop light and..... WHAM!!! Some lady plows into the back of the mazda. She hit me pretty hard.


Still haven't gotten it to the body shop for the estimate yet. Everything should be covered through her insurance. I just hope they don't total the car. It has a lot of miles on it for an '03 (just over 150,000).
So, as I'm sitting in the parking lot waiting for the police to show up, I figure I better call Kris and let her know I was in an accident and I'm OK. No answer, home phone is being forwarded to the cell... hmm... So, I try to call her the rest of the day and no answer. I finally get a call around 5:00 and she says, "Are any of those ten messages on my cell from you?" ah...yeah! She was wondering why I didn't call once I left work, so she decided to turn her cell phone on. ARRGGGHHH!!! What good are cell phones if they are not on!?!?!?!?!?

Kris worked again this weekend and I was stuck at home with no outings as an option. The morning outing is huge for breaking up the day. It was a good thing she had easy days. Sat after she got home we went to the Bubba and Pappy's for dinner. Tom and Lynn came back to their house after Nanny's funeral in Uniontown. It was nice having all of the in-laws together. We even drew for our secret santa's... no I'm not going to tell who I got.

Sunday, we went pumpkin picking and corn maze at AGA farms.


After the pumpkins and corn maze we had to go pick up my parents mini-van in Doylestown. We actually went out to dinner! We went to Poco's, one of our "regular" places when we were living there.

All in all a great weekend. Although no riding and granogue-wissahickon is coming up this weekend... yeah I'm in the weeds! Bubba and Pappy are going to watch my "race" on Sunday for the first time in the 13 or so years of knowing them, I should be in top form by then...yeah right.

No comments: