Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Granogue-

I did two cross races this weekend and... Wow, that hurt!

It was great to see all the DCCofD crew at granogue. Even saw Andrew, my co-promoter of the original Monkey Hill cross race back in 1997. Almost 10 years ago! It is really amazing how far cross has come in DE since that race. I think we had maybe 50 people show up in December and we thought it was a lot of people! Now we have granogue with around 500 people (not sure of the exact number)

My race went as well as could be expected. I seemed to do alright for the first couple of laps, then it was all I could do just to get around the course. I did alright through the twisty stuff and the fast turns, but anywhere I had to... well... pedal I had some trouble. Had one guy curse me because I wouldn't get out of my line to let him pass. I ended up beating him to the finish. some people? Other eventful thing was I rolled my front tubular on the downhill sweeper... that was pretty sketchy. Threw the tire back on the rim and finished up. I took it a little gently through the turns for the remainder of the race.

I'll finish the Wissahickon part of later... I'm really tired... yeah, it is only 9:30... I told you this weekend hurt!

No comments: