Monday, January 09, 2006

I RODE MY BIKE!

That's right folks, I actually got out and rode my bike yesterday! I ended up driving to High Rocks for a mtb ride. Trails were a little slick but it still was good. I ended up going a little further this time; I crossed the road I used to ride all the time on the road bike. The loop on that side of the road was pretty sweet. Although, I ran into a single speed guy and he said it was better going the other direction. Next time I'll do it that way. The trails are pretty technical, a lot of loose rocks and some steep downhills. I noticed on my way back to the car that there were quite a few "jumps" set up. It seems as if there are some "free-riders" out there. There was one 3 foot drop off I was tempted to do but I decided I did not want to go back down the hill I just climbed up. Next time when I go the other direction, watch out, I'm going to launch that sucker!

I ordered a road bike. It's nothing special but I'm pretty stoked about it. I'll give more details once I get my hands on it...

2 comments:

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

what happened to the cross bike as a road bike?

what did you get?

droopy said...

I have delusions of actually do the t-town training crits, and the odd time trial here or there.

Jamis Ventura sport... check it out... and stay tuned for the build up or tear down. Depends on how you look at it.