Thursday, January 05, 2006

Pork Sauerkraut and Mashed Potatoes

New Years Day, we had company, again! This time we had 12 people including the kids.
I made PS&MP and I have to say it was probably the best PS&MP I've ever made. The pork was extra yummy!

Resolutions... I have a bunch of them, more like things I want or need to get done this year, I'm only going to share one of them with you though.

I'm going to "work-out" at least 3 days a week. By work-out I don't just mean riding. To most of my riding friends that is probably no big deal. When I was at the shop I probably rode 5-7 times a week. Now, well, I have not ridden since Thanksgiving with Russell (thanks for getting me to go). Yep, over a month of in-activity... and my belly shows it, not to mention all the food around the holidays. Actually, I've been doing the "Stay-Ball" Instructional dvd. Yep, I'm doing aerobic type stuff in front of my computer, and no I'm not wearing fuzzy leg warmers with matching sweatbands.

I've been struggling with the fact that I don't have a road bike these days and I keep going back and forth on the subject. Poor Kristen has to listen to all the different "schemes" I have going in my head (I have 1.5 hours to think about it on my way home every night). Part of me says "Just ride your cross bike on the road. After all how many times do you think you are going to be able to ride with the new baby and Jacob (who btw has started referring to himself as Jeb)"
Then the other argument is "Get a road bike so you have it available for those times you actually do get to ride". But, "Just ride you MTB when you want to ride, its what you love doing"... I could go on forever... I guess I am having an "argument" between droopy rides and david drives...

No comments: