Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Jeff's House

Spent last night at Jeff's house. We took parts off of my new bike and put them on his "trainer" bike. Which worked out well, except for those stinkin' jag wire cable ferrels with the little o-ring inside, those things blow! "Gee lets add some friction to these deraileur cables." Frickin' brilliant, the guy that thought that up should be exiled with the bio-pace guy, (we had a bunch of those bike industry guys all living in exile) Anybody remember anymore? Oh here's one, the cannondale guy that put a 26" front and 24" rear wheel. Enough of that tangent for now.

When Jeff and I were discussing last night I kept asking what was for dinner. See Jeff is an executive chef. I suggested we have wings, we've had wings the last few times I was over his house. Well, he replied, "I'm a frickin' executive chef and you want wings!" Needles to say we had tilapia with, celery, onion, garlic, mushrooms, green peppers, sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes.... YUMMY! After dinner we had some of his 50 year old port, spectacular! Beat this crap out of that port we had a Long Valley a few weeks ago. Thanks Jeff for dinner and the hospitality!

So here's my new bike:

Yeah, it needs some work. I'm going to have some left over bits, anyone interested in some cranks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave thanks for helping me, that makes two bikes!!! Lucky me. El Capitan is the reason why we always get wings!!!doh - He thinks my french fries always come out too soggy!! What does he know? How to blow glass - yikes!! Not mention thanks for being there in my time of need due to my car getting smacked around by a rock in the middle of the highway!!! May the force be with you...jrdolfinz