Sunday, January 22, 2006

Trip to Delaware.

Around noon I drove down to DE to pick up my new bike. Got to Brent's house around 1:20, it really does take just over an hour to get to Brent's. We hurried up and loaded to mtbs in/on the MINI and headed to Brandywine for a ride. Rick was there, or apparently had been there since 1:00. Sorry Rick. We did run into him as he was heading back to the cars. It was good to see him, even though it was only for a couple of minutes. He had his bike in the big ring of course! I had to double check to see if I even had a big ring.

Brent and I continued on and ended up riding for about 1.5 hours, I think, it felt like 3 hours if you ask me. Actually, I think I rode very well for not riding very often. Brent did make the comment that he thought I was going to "run him over" going downhill. I guess I still have some skills, as long a the trail is flat or down I'm ok, up hill and... POP! I'm gone.

The ride was a lot of fun. On the way out Brent rode right past the "bowl" without even thinking about it, and I wanted to hit it. I'd have to wait for the way back. I did hit the "mica bowl" and got a little air, not a lot though, I'm still a little rusty and was not sure of the landing. So, we're riding back to the car and these two "chickies" ask if we are going to ride down the "bowl", because if we are they want to watch. Whoa, an audience! So, we hit it smooth and I even busted out my one and only "tweak". They were so impressed! Ok, not really but they said we made it look easy. We had to ride the "JCC climb" to get back to the cars. Yep, we saved the toughest climb for the end of the ride... ugh! All in all we had a great ride! Thanks Brent!

BTW, Brent was on his new bike a 29er. We got back to the car and I decided I needed to compare it to my bike:

Yep, his is bigger than mine.

Stopped at the grocery store on the way home. I was making my cheesesteaks for buba, pappy, kris, and scott. Got to their house just as the Steelers were finishing up with the win. I'm happy the Bus gets to go to the Super Bowl in his home town, that's nice.

I was planning on taking my new bike out of the box and start futzing with it but I am tired, not sure if I'll make it up the stairs... I may have to stop and take a break on the way...

No comments: