Friday, April 28, 2006

TWELVE AND A HALF LAPS!

I went to the crit again. This time I hung in there for 32 minutes and 12.5 laps! I'm almost halfway there! This week I left work with plenty of time to get there. You'd think with all the extra time I wouldn't have to jump out of the car and rush around. Well, last week I had to jump out of the car to register and get ready, this week I had to jump out of the car to stand in line for the pot-a-jon. Man, did I have to go (#2), I was getting the "sweats" as I was pulling into the parking lot. I guess Rob was correct is saying I was #2.

Earlier in the day we went to lunch and on the way back we saw Rob in his H2 Hummer. Well I always kid him about the FUH2, how people "bag" H2's by giving them the finger. So, as we were driving by, in a Township vehicle mind you, I decided I'd give him the H2 salute. I wonder if any of the cars next to him are going to report to our "boss" that someone in the back of a township vehicle is flipping people off? Later, Rob thanked me for thinking he was #1, and he said I was #2... Little did I know that I'd have a #2 incident later in the day.

Back to the crit, turns out the race is not a Cat 1,2,3,4 it is a PRO,1,2,3,4. Yep, PRO, and even Olypmic Gold medalist. So, at the front of the race are PROs and Olympic gold medalist, while I'm at the back giving everything just to hang on as long as I can! This week there was a UNITED rider, I thought "Oh great, this is going to be fun." Well as I was coming off the back of the pack, seeing stars, I saw the UNITED guy just cruising at the back. I guess he was waiting until the end to "throw down".

1 comment:

BC the Doood said...

Wow man, nothing like cycling to allow the fans to "play" the sport with the pros. I can't wait until I can ride again. Get the pins out Friday and hopefully fit enough to do big miles again by June. Ride on Dave.

-bc