Sunday, June 25, 2006

OOPS...

Sunday afternoon, I figured I'd go for a ride, even though it was raining. I told my parent's I'd be back in two hours. I was planning on following the green arrows for the covered bridge ride. The CB is held in the fall and they have a 100k and a 50k, or so I thought. I figured I could do the 50k and be back in about two hours. It turns out the CB has a 100k and a 50 mile. About 1.5 hours in I noticed that I am on roads that I used to ride when I was living Plumsteadville. Crap, I must only be about half way. This is also about the time my rear wheel really starts "creaking". I couldn't put a lot of pressure on the pedals without the wheel creaking horribly. I guess Monday's ride in the rain had an effect on the wheel?

I think the organizers of the CB ride decided to put most of the climbing in the first section. This is probably good if your starting the ride from the beginning. For me, most of the climbing was at the end of the ride. So, I ended up climbing with a creaky wheel and creaky legs, ugh. I finally figured out I was about 30 minutes from home 3:15 into the ride. So much for a 2 hour ride in the rain. I ended up with 3:45 in the rain, and the longest road ride of the year!

I got home just in time for dinner, ok I was about 2 hours late. Mom made some salmon for dinner and it was yummy! A big thank you to my parents for understanding! They have really been helping out a lot by watching the kids, I think they know how much getting out on the bike means to my sanity. Thanks again Mom and Dad!

No comments: