Thursday, June 15, 2006

Shooting the Breeze

I rode from work again on Tuesday night and added a few climbs to the ones I did last week. The new climbs weren't as big as the other two, but I'll keep looking.

On my drive home I see two cyclists standing on the side of the road looking at one guys rear wheel-deraileur area. I figure since I was in no rush to get home I'd stop and help the guys out. So, I turned around, pull over get out of the car, thinking I'm going to really help these guys out with my mad mechanic skillz. I ask, "Do you need any help?"
"No thanks, we're just shooting the breeze." one guy responds.
"OK, later" and I'm off again.

"Shooting the breeze"?!?!? Who goes out for a bike ride and stops on the side of the road to "shoot the breeze"? I guess they couldn't ride and talk at the same time?

I don't get it...

No comments: