Friday, June 09, 2006

Zero Laps... but Two Climbs

I decided I wouldn't go to the crit last night because the radar looked bad for the crit. I'd hate to drive out there only to find out it was cancelled. It looks like I made the correct decision because the crit was indeed cancelled. Instead of digging deep to stay onto the wheel in front of me at the crit. I figured I'd dig deep to make it to the top of a couple of "mountains" here in Sparta.

The first climb is up Edison Rd. It took me 19 minutes and 30 seconds to get to the top. I even did it with a manly 23 tooth cog! The climb does have some flat spots but for the most part is up the whole way. The second climb didn't seem as long but still hurt just as bad.


Actually, I really needed to get out on the bike. It felt really good climbing those hills in the woods and hardly seeing any cars. At one point I thought I heard a bear in the woods! Maybe it was just a squirrel?

No comments: