Monday, May 29, 2006

Boiling Point... 84 degrees...

Kristen is back to work on weekends, leaving me by myself with the kids. Which she does almost everyday. So, I should have no problem right? I've actually been doing ok, thanks to the re-enforcements. My parents were here on Saturday and my Dad helped out yesterday and is coming over this morning.

So, Dad leaves yesterday while the kids are napping. No problem, I even made dinner before Kristen got home. This is where the problem started. You see, Kristen has not wanted to turn the air conditioner on yet, and our thermostat read 84, normally this would be bearable, but I think it started to affect the kids. Sophie started being fussy, kitchen was hot from cooking, Jeb started getting wound up. Jeb was having a hard time going to bed, he was crying at the littlest thing, like if I turned the light off instead of him. Needless to say, I turned the air conditioner on! All in all it was a pretty rough evening, and Kristen is back at work today!

Right now things are quiet, dad's not here yet, Sophie is sleeping and Jeb is watching TV... Calm before the storm?

No comments: