Thursday, May 04, 2006

TWENTY AND A HALF LAPS...


...or maybe it was nineteen and a half, or twenty-one and a half... I couldn't see straight let alone do the complex arithmetic needed to calculate (subtraction) how many laps I did. I think it was 19.5 because I don't remember seeing single digit laps to go. I ended up lasting 50:46. Pretty good, but I don't think many of the big guns where there. Next week I'll try to get into single digit laps to go.

The family came up to "watch" me race. The crit takes place in a pretty nice park and I always noticed quite a few little ones running around in the gigantic sand box. So, Kris brought up the kids. It was cool to see them there. Although, once I was racing I had enough trouble seeing the person in front of me let alone my family on the sideline. Apparently, every time they rang the bell for a sprint lap Jeb would go running towards the course yelling, "Daddy racing bikes!", or something like that. Then I'm sure he'd run back to the sand box and continue playing.

I'm pooped, I need to go to bed...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeb looks like he's worn out, too--racing over to say Daddy's racing--