Sunday, May 07, 2006

Wissahickon

Saturday afternoon, I met up with Brent to do a loop of Wissahickon park in Philly. I forgot how tough that place is. We started to ride up "belles mill" and a ranger was there taking names and giving out wrist bands, that they put on our bikes. They also wanted a small donation, but neither of us had any money. We told them we'd check out the website and the guy even gave me his card. There were a couple of cool new sections since the last time I was there. I had a good time chasing Brent around the park. He crushed me! That makes twice this week that I got crushed on a ride!

After stopping at the grocery store, I came home for our Anniversary dinner. I made some poterhouse steaks, grilled asparagus, and grilled sweet potato wedges, a ceasar's salad and a bottle a Ravenswood Zinfandel. Everything was fantastic! The wine was especially good, we ended up finishing the bottle. Which is very much out of the ordinary for us lately.

I told Kris early that I would stay up and watch a movie with her. Something I very rarely do. It was probably a combination of riding with Brent and the half a bottle of wine but I could barely keep my eyes open. We ended up watching Man on Fire(?) with Denzel Washington, boy it was pretty brutal lots of gory stuff. That dude was not messing around. He ended up killing like half of Mexico. I liked the movie, I even made it through the entire thing without falling asleep. At the end of the movie Kris says, "So, what happened?" She fell asleep! geesh!

1 comment:

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

congats, life is good my friend, live is good. you gonna come down to granogue this weekend?

respect
fm