Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Melting Point... 92 degrees...

Dad came over again on Monday to help with the kids. Man am I glad he did come over. He helped keep things "together".

I had a bbq to get to in the evening at the in-laws. The plan was to get over there between 5:30 and 6:00. Mimi calls and says that is too late and she has to leave early. OK, no problem, I can do this. I wake a sweaty Jeb up, he is none to happy about it. He's clinging to me and won't let me put him down or give him to Grandpa. So, here I am trying to gather things to go over to the in-laws with Jeb hanging on to me, not fun but do-able. He finally chills out a bit and I load up the Jeep, I remember that the air conditioner is broken and put the windows down... oh crap, there go those darn "sun shades", sucked into the inside of the door... OK, there is only minor damage. Get jeb into the car, apparently he is having some issues with his hat, again he is not happy. OK, now Sophie in the car, crap why is her head leaning so far forward? Now Sophie starts crying, Jeb's whining about something and won't let me buckle him in. Did I mention it is 90 something degrees? OK, everyone is in, if I start moving they'll calm down, they did. So, I'm cruising down the road and Jeb apparently doesn't like to wind from the open windows. He just couldn't grasp the fact that the air conditioner is broken. I look over at Sophie and she is sitting in the sun, damn sun shade got a little tweaked, and her head is leaning too much. Here I am driving the kids to buba and pappy's and poor Sophie is getting cooked in the sun. Yeah, I was speeding on the way there.

Get there and unload, I was cooking and had to unload the burgers and stuff. Aw crap, forgot the frickin' rolls! Jeb wants watermelon, cut watermelon, out to the porch where buba, mimi, pete and pappy are hanging out. What? close the door? I have to go back in and get the rest of the stuff ready. Glance down at Sophie and her head is leaning again... No really I'm going back inside... clean up watermelon... BEER! I need BEER!

Things got better from there, I guess the beer helped...

No comments: